Are there ideas, or character traits, that you hold close? Can you identify those things that clearly define how you approach life?
At WACAP, we have spent recent weeks doing just that — defining these concepts for our organization. Our values. These are statements that describe how we implement our mission. If we are to pursue a world where every child has a family; if we are to work toward that end by championing children, finding and preparing permanent families and offering lifelong support after adoption, it’s important to know how we wish to carry out that mission.
For us, our values are not unlike a river and the current that moves it forward. These concepts are simply who we are. Even further, those ideas that naturally define and propel us can have a significant impact. Below are those things that, for WACAP, describe who we are and how we approach our mission:
- We believe in the power of family to transform lives.
- We are passionate about finding families for children.
- We are proud of the work we do, achieving excellence every day.
- We act with integrity, among ourselves and those who stand with us for children.
We aspire to…
- Do more, through innovative methods.
- Develop leaders who will dream, inspire and accomplish great things in the world of adoption.
- Recognize great work when we see it.
- Enjoy our work, as we balance the demands of our professional and personal lives.
Interested in learning more? Visit www.wacap.org and follow this blog feed for a new post each week through July to read more about our organization and the concepts that drive us forward for children.
About WACAP’s CEO, Greg Eubanks: Greg joined WACAP as CEO in December 2014. Serving children and families has been the focus and passion of his 20-year career in nonprofit executive leadership and business administration. With an extensive background in international adoption and foster care, Greg is committed to bringing hope to the children living without a family … and helping them home.