Is Adoption Right for You?
Do you have questions about the children waiting for families or about the adoption process?
Right now, the need for adoptive parents is great, and currently, many WACAP partner countries are matching children with their families more quickly than we’ve seen in the past!
Here’s what we’re seeing today, plus some highlights about the countries we work with.
- Short wait times (currently we have just one family on our wait list!)
- Babies 18 months old and younger at time of arrival home
- All children cared for by experienced foster families rather than institutions
- Comparatively short wait time for eligible couples
- Young children matched between 12 – 36 months old
- Eligibility guidelines flexible for families open to adopting waiting children
- Over 1,300 children waiting for families
- Sibling groups of all ages
- Families open to children with medical concerns matched with young children very quickly
- Families urgently needed for boys
- Over 3,000 children, 8 months old to 13 years old, are waiting
- Quick and predictable process
U.S. Foster to Adopt
- Washington families needed for children of all ages
- Quick-moving process for families open to older children
- For younger children, opportunities for foster care with hopes of adoption
- Affordable option for families
- Many older children and older sibling groups need chance to thrive in a new family
- Flexible requirements for adoptive parents
- Grants of $1,500 – $3,600 available for many waiting children
- Children as young as 9 months up to 15 years
- Skype meetings with your child
- Shorter time required in country
- Most children cared for in foster families rather than institutions
- Young children who are considered healthy in need of adoptive families
- Proximity to U.S. makes for easier travel
- For single women hoping to adopt, no age restrictions on children
Want to Learn More?
Contact our Adoption Information Team
- We look forward to answering your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-732-1887.
- Attend an informational webinar.
Meet Children Waiting for Families
- WACAP Online Photo Listing: Waiting Children
- India Photo Listing > Request
- U.S. Foster Care: “A Family for Me” Profiles and Videos